The more a business can do to reduce its carbon footprint the better for the planet! There will, however, always be a point where you’ve done all you can and you’re still leaving a mark. Therefore, more and more businesses are choosing to offset their remaining carbon emissions by purchasing carbon credits. Read on as we look at what Carbon Offsetting is and how your business can benefit from helping the environment.
What is Carbon Offsetting?
Every business creates CO2 emissions which contribute to climate change. Offsetting carbon emissions simply means that the carbon a business emits (calculated individually) is offset by purchasing carbon credits. These are used to support environmental projects around the world so that we can help reduce the carbon footprint.
One carbon credit covers the cost of reducing the world’s CO2 emissions by 1 tonne. By investing in projects such as renewable energy generation or deforestation programmes your energy consumption still happens, and the CO2 is still emitted, but elsewhere in the world, action is taken to offset it.
What Are the Benefits to Carbon Offsetting?
- You are doing your bit to help save the environment!
- You can advertise that you offset your carbon emissions – providing a strong, positive, forward-thinking message for your brand and business
- You’ll receive a certificate to put on display confirming that your business has offset your gas and electricity usage for a given year
- You’ll receive a digital badge that you can add to your website and marketing material.
How Can My Business Offset Carbon Emissions?
DSUK can help your business through the process by:
- Assessing your business bills
- Measuring your carbon by calculating your business carbon emissions for you and let you know how many credits you will need
- Offset your carbon by purchasing carbon credits for you to offset your emissions.
To find out more information and to download the brochure, visit our Carbon Offsetting Page.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0330 400 4455 to speak to our team.